To provide university campuses and visitors to the temple with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
Krishna Lunch only at NU; May till Mid-August. We miss you all and look forward to seeing you in August. Have a great Summer!!
Menu Week of 7/06Monday1. Cumin Rice
2. Aloo Dum (Spicy potato curry)
3. Seasoned Cauliflower
4. Cashew Raisen Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat, cashews and raisens)Tuesday1. Rice
2. Channa (Chickpeas in spiced tomato gravy)
3. Gauranga Potatoes (Indian potato salad)
4. Carob Ladoos (Carob and coconut sweet balls)Wednesday1. Flavored Rice
2. Paneer Butter Masala (Home-made cheese cubes in creamy tomato & cashew sauce)
3. Gulab Jamuns (Lightly fried milk balls soaked in a rose flavored sugar syrup)Thursday1. Rice
2. Dhaal Makhini (Whole black Indian lentils and kidney beans)
3. Aloo Gobi (Seasoned cauliflower and potatoes)
4. Walnut Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and walnuts)Friday1. Rice
2. Chole Palak (Chickpeas and spinach)
3. Paneer Tikka Masala (Marinated paneer with a spicy tomato gravy)
4. Simply Wonderful (Milk Fudge)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.