To provide university campuses with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
Menu: Week of 08/31Monday1. Flavored Rice2. Paneer Butter Masala (Home-made cheese cubes in tomato cashew sauce)
3. Gulab Jamuns (Lightly fried milk balls soaked in rose flavored sugar syrup)Tuesday1. Rice
2. Chole Palak (Chickpeas and spinach)
3. Paneer Tikka Masala (Marinated paneer with a spicy tomato gravy)
4. Banana Walnut Halwa
Wednesday1. Cumin Rice
2. Spicy Potato Curry
3. Seasoned Cauliflower4. Cashew Raisen HalwaThursday
1. Rice and Peas
2. Malai Kofta (Veggie balls in tomato cream sauce)
3. Carob Ladoos (Carob and coconut sweet balls)Friday
1. Fried Rice
2. Gobi Manchurian (Cauliflower fritters in a cornmeal batter with a tangy, spicy sauce)
3. Simply wonderfuls (Home-made milk fudge)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.