To provide university campuses with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
Menu: Week of 10/12Monday (ONLY NU, IIT HOLIDAY)
2. Rajma (Kidney beans in spicy gravy)
3. Seasoned Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, green beans, potatoes, cauliflower, red bell peppers, green peas)
4. Mango Saffron Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and saffron flavored mango pulp)Tuesday1. Rice
2. Dhaal Makhini (Whole black Indian lentils and kidney beans)
3. Aloo Gobi (Seasoned cauliflower and potatoes)
4. Walnut Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and walnuts)Wednesday
2. Chole Palak (Chickpeas and spinach)
3. Paneer Tikka Masala (
Marinated paneer with a spicy tomato gravy)
4. Almond Saffron Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat, almonds and saffron)Thursday1. Flavored Rice
2. Mutter Paneer (Home-made cheese cubes and peas in tomato cream sauce)
3. Blueberry Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and blueberries)Friday1. Rice and Peas
2. Malai Kofta (Veggie balls in tomato cream sauce)
3. Strawberry Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and strawberries)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.