To provide university campuses with vegetarian meals that are subsidized, healthy, freshly prepared, karma-free, and Yoga-friendly (sattvic). Proceeds are used to support a not-for-profit initiative of karma-free food distribution across university campuses, elders in the community, and shelters for the homeless.
Menu: Week of 08/24Monday1. Rice
2. Dhaal Makhini (Whole black Indian lentils and kidney beans)
3. Aloo Gobi (Seasoned cauliflower and potatoes)
4. Walnut Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and walnuts)Tuesday
1. Vegetable Biryani (Spiced rice with vegetables)
2. Tomato Raita (Seasoned yoghurt)
3. Tomato Pickle
4. Strawberry Halwa (Dessert made of cream of wheat and strawberries)Wednesday
1. Flavored Rice
2. Palak Paneer (Home-made cheese cubes in spinach sauce)
3. Gulab Jamuns (Lightly fried milk balls soaked in rose flavored sugar syrup)Thursday
2. Rajma (Kidney beans in spicy gravy)
3. Seasoned Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, green beans, potatoes, cauliflower, red bell peppers, green peas)
4. Pineapple Halwa (Dessert made from cream of wheat and pineapples)Friday
1. Spiced Rice
2. Spicy Black Chickpeas
3. Seasoned Broccoli and Paneer
4. Almond Saffron Halwa (Dessert made from cream of wheat, almonds and saffron)
Note: All orders after 10 am will be counted towards next day’s Krishna Lunch.
Volunteer for Krishna Lunch and get your lunch box for free:
ISKCON Chicago also caters Karma Free food for various events. Find out more about our Catering and Bake sales.